More than just a second screen, it’s a mini voice activated computer that attempts to enhance day to day interactions normally done on a Smartphone or computer.
There have been plenty of concepts, kick starters and maker mockups, but never a Smartwatch design this refined and this ready for market, pushed by the second biggest player in the Gadget market, Samsung.
You are able to use the Galaxy Gear with Voice recognition and simple swiping gestures to control it for things like music, calls, Health tracking, taking photos, videos etc.
Dick Tracy who? Dick Tracy Wat-ch?
You’re able to setup your Galaxy Gear via the Gear Manager Application on your bluetooth connected smartphone.
- S Voice
- Calls Log
- Voice Memo
- Watch face
- Stainless steel casing, textured rubber for band
- Band comes in Jet Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange, Oatmeal Beige, Rose Gold, and Lime colors
- 1.63 inch, 320×320 touchscreen, 277DPI, .63-inch Super AMOLED display, 320 x 320 resolution
- Single-core 800MHz Exynos processor
- 4GB of storage onboard
- 1.9-megapixel camera in strap
- 2 microphones
- Nuance-powered S Voice, Voice activation for shooting 720p movies and Phone calling
- Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy standard
- 315mAh its battery
Samsung smartphones running Android 4.3
At launch: Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition
October: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S III, and Galaxy Note II
Price / Launch
$299 / October
Here is a Hand-On Video Review from Engadget: