Samsung & Google jointly introduced the Next Generation “Google” or “Native” Android smartphone called the ‘Galaxy Nexus’. Along with the hardware announcement came the announcement of Google’s latest mobile Operating system Android 4.0, code-named “Ice Cream Sandwich”.
As of now the phone availability is listed as ‘Coming Soon’.
Here are some of the details of the Android 4.0 enabled Glaxy Nexus:
Slim and curved design
- 8.84mm thick and with a minimal 4.29mm bezel contoured display.
Fast & 4G
- 1.2 GHZ dual core processor
- 4G (LTE or HSPA+) enabled.
Vibrant high-definition display
- The first phone to ever have a 4.65″ edge-to-edge 720p screen high-definition sAMOLED.
Single-Motion Panoramic Camera
- The camera has zero shutter-lag, automatic focus, top notch low-light performance and an intuitive way to take panoramic pictures without stitching.
- You can also take high-quality photos or 1080p videos and edit and share them right from the phone.
- The lock screen, widgets, notifications, multi-tasking and almost everything in between have been completely rethought.
- Touch the microphone on the keyboard and use your voice to instantly type your emails, SMS, or any other place you want to enter text.
- No more passwords to remember, just switch on your phone and look into the camera to quickly unlock your phone.
- Simply hold two NFC enabled Android phones close to each other and touch to beam to share contacts, websites, apps, maps, directions and YouTube videos to other people close by.
- Messenger allows you to bring groups of friends together into a simple group conversation.
- Hangouts allow you to video chat with up to 9 people wherever you are.