Not only will a Facebook Page be more beneficial to your audience rather than a Profile, but Facebook reserves the right to eliminate your account if you are using a Facebook Profile to represent your business.
Here are some of the key differences between a Facebook Profile and a Facebook Page as it pertains to representing your business:
– Limits you to 5,000 Friends
– No visual customization
– No Apps that interact with your profile to keep customers engaged
– Very poor presence for your business on Search Engines like Google
Facebook Business Page
– Unlimited Fans
– Optimized for Search Engines (SEO Friendly)
– Setup an E- Commerce Storefront
– Create Contests and other promotions that are integrated with your Page
– Completely customize your tabs and the body of your facebook page with videos, forms, pictures and more
Renay San Miguel of Splash Media talks with social media manager Stephanie Williams about the ways Facebook business pages can serve as an effective platform for community building and the sharing of content.
Via Splash Media