Google has had enormous success in the first initial months of their private release. This success has not been met entirely without controversies and challenges.
Tim O’Reilly of O’Reilly Media holds a conversation with Bradley Horowitz, Google’s VP of Product Management to address the state of Google+, the challenges that they have come across in their limited field trial and where the platform is headed.
Somes popular topics addressed are:
- Pseudonyms / Real names
- Minors on Google+
- Privacy portability
- The “noisy stream” problem
- Business / Brand profiles
Some other points Tim O’Reilly tries to tackle are:
- How the Google+ team thought about social data–design and policy principles that underly the service.
- What Google is learning from Google+ interaction data?
- Interesting or even surprising discoveries from Google+ data analysis.
- Challenges and lessons on the infrastructure side.
Via O’Reilly Media