The New Klout Beta has arrived! Klout is an Online Social Media Tool that measures your Social Influence and is essential for any Social Media Enthusiast, Marketer, Creative, or any person who loves to spread ideas and would like to measure how these ideas are spreading across their Network.
Currently Klout has the ability to measure your influence across your Twitter account, Facebook Profile, and LinkedIn account (Beta).One major request has been for the ability to add your Facebook Page in addition to or in replace of your Facebook Profile. Many people user their Facebook Profiles for personal use and Facebook Pages for their professional (think relative content sharing) influence.
I recently contacted Megan Berry, Marketing Manager at Klout about the potential of adding Facebook Pages to your Klout score and she had the following to say “Yes, we are working on adding Facebook pages to our scoring in the future. In the meantime you can rely on Klout to score your Twitter page, but not your business Facebook influence.”
Klout shows up in many different Applications such as Hootsuite, MarketMeSuite, Seesmic and many more. In total over 2,000 developers are using their API. Even Sports Franchises such as the Sacramento Kings (or Anaheim Royals) are using it for Customer loyalty programs.
With all this, Klout is truly establishing itself as “The Standard of Social Influence“.
Your Klout score consists of the following metrics:
- Network Influence: The influence level of your engaged audience. If a Celebrity or Industry leader is influenced by you, then this would probably help your Network Influence.
- Amplification Probability: The Liklehood of your content will be acted upon (ie. Retweeted, Liked).
- True Reach: How engaged your Network is with you.
These components are factored in to create your Klout Score.
You also earn achievements based on the number of list memberships, total retweets, unique retweeters, unique mentioners, and unique messages retweeted.
One of the biggest improvements in the new beta is the Brand New Design. You really need to try it out understand how easy the New interface is to use and how simple they have made something that could seem so vast with so much data and so many analytical interpretations.
They’ve also added some Great New Features:
- The ability to see how many points you’ve gained over the last week and month right on your dashboard.
- When you are logged in and view another Klout profile you will automatically get a line graph comparison of that user with every metric so you can easily compare and contrast your Networking styles and performance.
Who said Networking doesn’t pay?
A very interesting feature Klout has introduced has been what they call Klout Perks. Klout perks allow you to sign up for special offers for free based on how influential you are within certain areas relative to the promotion. Receive Free products, Test drive new vehicles, Get invited to taste testing parties and special screenings for new movies to name a few benefits.
Let us know your experiences with the New Klout and what you have done to try to improve your Social Influence.