Here are the 3 Social Media platforms that have the right leverage to pickup some momentum in 2011.
Check out our Latest Scoops & Resources on Social Media Here
- Everyone is looking for a way to inform their viewers of all of their Social Networking Accounts and the About.me team has figured out how to market this service at the right time considering that 2010 became the year where Social Media became an absolute necessity for most Businesses to stay relevant.
- The layout is clear, concise, and attractive.
- The analytics look very simple and insightful.
- Many people have signed up for the Beta and the service has been hyped on some Big Tech News Outlets such as the Twit Network.
The only challenges I see are the people that want their websites to act as their Social Network hubs. For better or for worse this could replace many people’s personal websites as many people use their Websites for this very purpose, but now they can be indexed and categorized with About.me.
- Millions of GMail and Orkut(Google’s popular Social Network for Indians and Brazilians) and other Google Services Users that should be able to jump start their profile in one click.
- An answer to almost any Facebook feature, Buzz Vs. Status, Latitude Vs. Places to name a few.
- More User information (via search, emails, and Google’s countless services) to leverage Advertisers than you probably feel comfortable with.
- Millions of iPhone, iPad, iPod, and iTunes Account holders who are forced to see a Ping Menu prominately displayed in the iTunes interface.
- Apple Fanatics have a Home all their own and it could end up being the Social Network for the Social Elite, Aspiring Elite, or people that don’t realize Starbucks serves burnt Coffee and business model resembles McDonalds
with different lighting. (Hey, that lighting and Jazz does set the right mood for working I have to admit.)
- Apple does know how to make a good product and they should have the ability to make a cleaner, sleeker, and more user friendly Facebook if they move on from the Music niche and develop a Social Network foundation that is useful to their products.